Lal Dewal

Formerly Synagogue, it is a red brick structure standing very prominently in the heart of the city. Due to red bricks it is called Lal Dewal (Red temple). It is a famous Shirine of the Jews. Sir David Sasoon in 1867 had donated a big amount to built this place. This construction is of English Gothik type it has 90 feet high obelisk on which a watch is hung. It was brought specially from London.


Site Best Viewed With Internet Explorer at 800*600 Resolution.
Copyright ( Registration No. SW-768/2002 Diary No. 458/2001-CO/SW )
All Rights Reserved  No Part of this site , Including photocopy is permitted to copy or  translate in any  language ,
without prior permission in writing from
punediary.com ( World Web Solutions )